RPGs are storytelling games where you gather a bunch of friends, have one of them telling a story (the Game Master aka GM) while the rest play the roles of the main characters of this story, the Playable Characters (PC).
These kind of games are usually portrayed as a hard learning hobby since most of its contents are written in books with hundreds of pages. Target Role is here to change that! We create RPG systems and stories that are all written in just a few pages (most of them are even one single page long).
For you to understand a little better our page, we have some filters to help you easily find our games that you can check in here:
But for you to understand what our filters mean, let's briefly explain things here:
- RPG System: This is a file with a set of rules to help you play the storytelling game.
- Scenarios and Adventures: This are files with descriptions of place and stories already made for you to use a RPG system on. This way you don't have much work on making your own story.
- One Page RPG: Like RPG Systems, these are a set of rules to play the game but written in a single page.
- One Page Adventures: Like Scenarios and Adventures, these are premade stories and place for you to use a RPG system upon so you don't have to make your own stories but these are written in a single page.
- Tools: These are files with some tips to help you make your own stories and games a little better.
- Fiction: We're not all about RPGs! We also publish some fictional stories, check out!
Stories are already know to have many different genres like action, horror, sci-fi and etc, but RPG systems also have genres. This is due to the fact that the rules they are built for are usually focused on instigating a specific response from the players and from the storyteller.
Some RPG systems are genre-less or generic but they are usually a lot less deep in terms of engagement.
Cover image by pikisuperstar / Freepik.